The career path in Join Business is built along a pyramid made of 5 levels. Promotions, based on merit and measured on the impact of service delivery and value added to the company, also in relation to additional office activities, involves career steps defined according to an “up or out” logic and dedicated fast track for Top Performers.
- Partner: Partner roles are reserved for Senior managers who have built long lasting relationships with the top management of our Client companies. They are responsible for making the first contact and defining the preliminary needs of the Client, in addition to which they contribute greatly to internal initiatives.
- Senior Manager: Senior Managers will be requested to work on multiple projects at a time. Besides, Senior Managers will need to work on two dimensions: establishing ties with the top management of Client companies, in order to be recognised as a leader and trusted advisor, and contributing to the strategy and development of our internal practices. The main area of assessment for Senior Managers is the development of the relationship with the Client together with training and supervision of more junior colleagues.
- Manager: Managers have the responsibility of a project and a team. They play a key role in the relationship between the Senior Manager/ Partner and the Client. They need to establish the balance between managing their daily tasks and a broader spectrum on the Client relationship. Managers concentrate on the management of the Client by using their communication and project management skills as they are responsible for delivering high quality results and ensuring that the project adds tangible and sustainable value to the business of the Client.
- Associate: Associates develop quantitative analysis skills and participate in the process of structuring the problem, they have the responsibility for a project area and on the recommendations arising from it. Associates will also manage more junior colleagues and their exposure to the Client will increase project by project in parallel with their communication and problem solving skills.
- Business Analyst: Business analysts take part in project activities working on quantitative analysis and looking for information from internal and external sources. They are, from Day 1, directly in contact with the Client taking part in meetings that allow them to enjoy full exposure to the project. Business analysts are never left to work alone in the course of their career paths, they will always be supervised by more senior colleagues and offered a first level training on problem structuring, communication skills and database analysis.
- Interns: Interns enjoy an experience equal to that of Business Analysts. The internship period is fundamental to the acquisition of the hard and soft skills necessary to deliver a tangible impact on the project.
Who we look for
We evaluate candidates coming from different academic backgrounds thus a business background is not strictly necessary to start a career in Join Business Management Consulting. We look for bright people who have a genuine passion for learning, who are ready to fully challenge themselves and to confront problems by proposing original solutions (problem solving and thinking outside the box).
To build a solid, integrated and creative team we recruit talented candidates who believe in team work, who are ready for a dynamic and stimulating career and who take a proactive part in proposing new ideas.
- New graduates or students currently writing their thesis with excellent academic results (degree mark equal or greater than 105/110 – Average exam score greater than 28/30)
- Master students with excellent academic results (Average exam score greater than 28/30) for Internships
- Professionals with maximum 5-6 years of work experience in top consultancy firms
- Academic background in Management Engineering/ Business Administration or Economics
- Fluency in English
- Previous internship or university exchange abroad
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
What we offer
Pursuing a career as a management consultant is not suitable for every candidate: it requires profiles of great intelligence, a bright mind full of energy, motivation and ambition.
It offers great advantages from a professional point of view such as the possibility of:
- A prestigious and fast track career combined with attracting compensations and a great appeal in the job market already after a few years of experience with various Clients in many functional areas and across different industries
- A young, dynamic and stimulating work environment
In short, consulting offers a broader and more stimulating experience also compared to career paths offered by the best corporate firms where jobs assignments are usually addressed to a specific functional area.
On one hand a consulting career offers instead:
- The opportunity to play a role in the strategic choices of the Client
- Great involvement and responsibilities in the various projects also for junior colleagues
- Contact and exposure to the Top Management of Client companies
On the other hand a consulting career requires:
- Total deduction
- Flexibility in working hours
- Geographical flexibility for job assignments
The career path in Join Business, for candidates who successfully complete the selection process, starts with:
- An internship of about 3 to 6 months for new graduates during which, if their performance will be positively evaluated and their profile complies with the excellence standard set by Join Business Management Consulting, they will be offered a position as Business Analyst. We also consider direct hirings for candidates who brilliantly complete the selection process
- A 3 month degree internship for Master Degree students during which interns will be offered the possibility to experience management consulting by working for our Clients
- A Business Analyst or Associate position for candidates coming from Top Consulting Firms according to their profile, merit and tenure.
Our selection process aims at:
- Understanding in depth academic and professional experience
- Evaluating problem solving, quantitative and soft skills
- Verifying the motivation to start a career in management consultancy and in Join Business
The selection process involves four subsequent steps which can lead to being offered a position:
- First Step: Live or telephone interview to evaluate the academic and/or professional background and the motivation of the candidate
- Second Step: Logical/ numerical test to evaluate logical and quantitative skills
- Third Step: Discussion of business cases (at least two) with our Managers and Partners, to evaluate problem solving, business acumen and soft skills
- Fourth Step: Reserved for candidates who successfully complete the first 3 steps, an interview to dive deeply into the concrete motivation in starting a career at Join Business
To apply for a position, prospective candidates are required to send their Curriculum Vitae, together with a covering letter and a copy of the Academic transcript, for new graduates and master degree students, at email@example.com
Our selection process is based on an active and ongoing selection of the top talents throughout the year.